Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Big Eyed Lens vs Black Eyed Kid...

It's time to camwhore... I mean it's time to ask for opinions... Wahaha...

Recently I learned from 女人我最大 about these 'Big Eye Lens' called Acuvue Define® Dailies which is suppose to be very good. What is the difference between this coloured lens as compared to others you ask? The main advantage (if I am not wrong) of this lens is that the colour is trapped between the lens instead of printed on the underside of the lens like normal coloured lenses. My optician kindly sent me samples to try as there are 2 colours. Black and Brown. They are really expensive too. A box of 15 lens will set you back $61.40. And it being a daily lens, you have to change it everyday so it will be $122.80 per month. That compared to Freshkon which is $23 per month. Almost $100 difference!! Think of what you can buy with that money!!

After trying it out, I agree that it is quite comfortable. The brown colour is ok too. Have yet to try the black. I have tried FreshKon before and it is quite ok too but this is definitely more comfy. Question is, do I look weird in them?

People say that Big Eyed Lens makes a person looks less fierce. Do you think it makes me look kinder? A better person?

Or does it make me look like the legendary Black Eyed Kids? You know I already look scary as it is...

3 comments:

one little journey said...

not sure about the 'kinder' look, but it does make your eyes look a lot bigger :-p

i wanted to try this b4 but the optician said it won't make much difference on me as my irises are already quite big.

KIKILALA said...

Wow!! You are the lucky few who do not need this to make your eyes look nice and big. Envy!! Envy!!

Jo said...

yeah, both of eyes already look quite big.

stella, maybe you should try pasting fake eyelashes (everyday, like Linda). same effect and much cheaper than these "mei tong" lens. ;)