Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Instant Pasta

Backlog...

That day while browsing the supermarket, I chance upon a few instant pasta which I quickly snapped up. Usually I would buy the San Remo brand of instant pasta (to be cooked when I am too busy to cook from scratch) which is actually not instant as you still have to cook the pasta for a few minutes with the powder that comes with it but I would say that San Remo's taste good.

The 2 new types that I found are Velveeta Shells and Fantastic Carbonara.

Left bottom and right bottom pics is Velveeta. Small middle right pic is Fantastic.

For Velveeta, you also have to cook the shells and after it is cooked, you squeeze in the instant packet sauce that comes together in the box. The sauce looks like nacho sauce only thicker and it tastes gooood. I cooked mine with ham and sausages. My brother loves it so much that I have bought it again a few times for him. He cooks his with sausages.

For Fantastic Carbonara (it comes in other flavour too), you just have to put in the powder cheese and pour hot water into the cup and seal it for a while like instant noodles. But the taste is so different. Very salty and the macaroni is very thin. Not good at all. I will not buy this again.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks Yummy!!!!
Issit expensive?

KIKILALA said...

No. The Velveeta is about SGD5.30 and the Fantastic is about SGD3++. But dun get the Fantastic. No good.

Jo said...

Go to Le Pasta! Haha... ;p

I've seen those foil pasta (just microwave), China brand but somehow i doubt it's nice. I've seen old grandpa & grandmas buy them. It's quite cheap. I only tried 1 "bag" angmoh brand instant pasta. NOT GOOD and not cheap either. So, i guess i gave up.

KIKILALA said...

I see. I heard from my bro that Sara Lee Instant Lasagne is very very good. But cannot find it in SG...

Ya go to Le Pasta!! Yummy!!

Unknown said...

maybe go ion's threesixty...they have quite a couple of new brands.