Monday, December 29, 2008

The Bond(ing) Disaster

This is the 3rd day since I brought the adopted bunny Abraham home and it has been a disaster!! The bunnies are fighting like mad and my girl is not happy at all with the new arrangement. :o(

It all started on Saturday. I brought my princess to the fosterer Jawskie's place to 'matchmake' my girl to 3 of his adoptables. Jawskie had posted an unmoderated adoption notice on HRSS's forum and I contacted him to see if we can arrange a meet-up for our bunnies. He had rescued them from an abandoned eco-centre where they had been living in very very horrible circumstances. We made an appointment and agreed that if it does not work out, I can bring the bunny back to Jawskie's place.

At first we put Morty with Toby for about 5 minutes. Everything was ok until the end when there was some foot thumping. Den we put Abraham with her. Everything seems fine. At last we put the final bunny Samson with her. There was also some foot thumping so in the end we felt that Abraham is the most promising. So we brought them home together. During the car ride, all was well but that was when all the happy times ended.

Immediately after they got home, they started fighting. Morty was super pissed about Abraham and started attacking him. Abraham attacked her back and all hell broke loose!! I separated them into 2 enclosures. Morty in her cage with Stewy doll and Abraham in an enclosure beside her. They started attacking each other through the grill and will stop if I scolded them. If Abraham walked pass her cage door she would rush over and try to attack him and vice versa.

















Once I climbed over into the enclosure and sayang Morty. Den I went to sayang Abraham but forgot to shut her door. She sneaked over through a small hole and attacked him biting a huge chunk of hair off his back!! That was when I decided to half Abraham's enclosure so that he will not pass her door.

After that starts the non-stop attacking through the grill and at night too. I had a sleepless night. On Sunday I was thinking if I had made the wrong choice as I find that Abraham is very jittery and there are war scars on him. When he is eating and I try to pat him, he will growl so I assume that food must be scarce where he was stranded at before. I proceeded to feed them and they started to fight through the grill again very very violently. I tried to stop them by scolding but no use. I put my hand in to stop them and WHAM!! My girl bit me by mistake. I let out a yelp and she stop halfway and stared at me. I scolded her and said 'Meimei!! You bit mummy's hands!! I'm bleeding now and it hurts!!' She look a bit embarrassed and quickly went to sit in a corner and looked at me with a 'I'm sorry' look (I know anyone reading this must think I am crazy for thinking this but I swear that rabbits understand humans and they know when they are at fault. They are very smart).

Ever since then they fight through the grill all the time. I sms Adeline and told her about it and she must be thinking 'I asked you to think properly first but you did not listen, now see what is happening' coz she did advised me before to think if this is what I want and what I think is best for Morty. But I see that she is so lonely everyday so I thought I should get her a new friend. She asked me how can I be so irresponsible and return a bunny I think is not suitable. If I already said I want to adopt den I have to accept it no matter good or bad. But... I have not committed. This is what has been agreed on with Jawskie. I think he knows that there might be problems too. He did not mention about the problems with the bunnies at first and only gave me his blog about them this morning when I asked him to described their characters and about the war scar and if they are solitary rabbits. I asked questions I should have asked on Saturday itself. After reading his blog, I find that Abraham is quite problematic and Toby has been returned before. After chatting with him on MSN, I found that he had expected Abraham to be returned too. After their scary past, they are quite traumatised.

I don't want to return him coz I think he is quite cute and I pity his past. But if he cannot get along with my girl, I will have to return him. Also I am afraid that when they start to share food, he might turn nasty when my girl goes and share his food with him. I know I am selfish but to me I feel that my girl is more important to me at the moment. AH!! I am a bad person!!!

5 comments:

astrid said...

Hi Stella! Great reading your blog. Your bunnies are super cute! Maybe i should go see your bunnies one of these days. ;) When i'm in spore maybe... Can can?

KIKILALA said...

Hi Astrid, Welcome!! If anytime you are back in SG and wants to come see the bunnies. :op You can bring your boys too if you are ok and dun think that animals are 'dirty'. Coz some mothers are more vary of pets. :op

Jo said...

When i saw the blood (so red) from your thumb, i go OUCH!!! :(

Is there any way to try out the 3 bunnies with MeiMei at the same time? Maybe leave MeiMei at Jawskie's place (and you also around) for at least half a day??? What are war scars???

Jo said...

I can hardly imagine anyone ill-treating a rabbit. I wonder what they've been through...really... :_(

KIKILALA said...

Yeah. Its very sad sometimes. But if he cannot match with Meimei in the end I have no choice but to send him back to his fosterer. My room too small to have 2 enclosure and my grandma will kill me too. :o(

I can only match one at a time. If not the other rabbits will fight too. The war scars are maybe caused by bites from other rabbits. Then the blood dry already and have a scab patch on his nose.