Tuesday, March 24, 2009

SAM SAM SAM

Backlog...

On Friday the 13th this month, my friend Ms U ask me to go to the Singapore Arts Museum with her to view an exhibition by some Korean artist titled KoreanArt. Apparently these Korean artist are quite prominent and their pieces may have quite high value that the higher management of a certain auction house even flew to Singapore to see the exhibition.

After viewing I would say that the exhibition is indeed very good (my only complain is the the museum is freezing!! Maybe they need to maintain the paintings thats why the low temperature?? No??). I wouldn't say I agree with all of them. Some of them have a concept but some of them are based on painstaking skills. The two of them that I really like is...


Suh Do Ho
This floor installation consist of many small figurines holding up an acrylic sheet. The installation is supposedly strong enough for visitors to walk on but of course in this exhibition, it is fenced up.

Ik-Joong Kang
This piece consist of many 3x3 inch miniature canvases that the artist carried and drew when he was traveling around so each piece is unique to the time and event when it was created.

No prize for guessing who my date for the evening is. We had dinner at the Kopitiam beside Hotel Rendezvous and all I can say is... Give the dim sum a miss next time you are there.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hahaha...Ms U :P and u even put her pix....
Anyway, I went to these koreanArt quite awhile back...its nice! I like the one thats 3D looking & the Suh Do Ho's millions of man figures art pieces on level 3 :P

KIKILALA said...

Haha!! I think quite difficult to guess who she is lar. Hehe...

Jo said...

Ya, the 2 installation art is very nice.

KIKILALA said...

Hehe... You should have seen the small figurine one. It is actually huge. And so amazing with all the thousands of small figurines.